Saturday, July 3, 2010

Le début

I arrived in Paris at around 4 o'clock today! I took the train from the airport and met my host family at the station. I was in such a daze that I barely noticed anything on the way into the city, and was somewhat dead when I first interacted with Stephane (the father) and Alexis (one of his two sons). Oh well! Unfortunately, right when I arrived, they had to leave to go to dinner in Normandy, so I was left to fend for myself. It turned out to be fine, though, because I was so exhausted that I conked out immediately before finishing unpacking. I slept for a while, woke up, showered, put the rest of my clothes away, and it is now midnight and I am writing this little tidbit. Not much of an eventful first night, huh? Tomorrow will be better though, because I'm meeting the one person I know in my class (Gus) to buy our books/eat lunch/see Paris tomorrow at noon. Then, we're meeting up with our class at 3. I can't wait to actually start enjoying Paris. A bientôt!

4 comments:

  1. Elena! I miss you already. Hope you have a great day tomorrow in Paris! Can't wait to read all about it. P.S. I'm sitting next to Katherine and she says hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenny - So glad you made it safe and sound! Have fun exploring tomorrow. Au Revoir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Pam wants you to see this cool Paris fashion blog: http://www.littlestylebox.com/brand-40-Topshop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a comment earlier but I don't see it. Bummer! Love your blog, the fact that you had such a good day AND we need the French phone info (with how to call & text--area code and/or country code???). Love and miss you!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete